LAST UPDATED April 30, 2016
What Personal Information does LaserPerformance Collect from Me?
• your name, username and password
• your email address and telephone number
• payment information, billing and delivery addresses
• live chats and customer service phone calls
The Non-Personally Identifiable Information we gather is information that cannot be used to identify who you are and includes:
• your internet protocol (IP) address (as described below)
• the type of browser software and OS you are using
• the date and time of your visit to the Site
• the website address, if any, that linked you to our Site
• the specific pages of the Site you are viewing
• other non-personally identifiable traffic data
How We Collect This Information?
Personally Identifiable Information: You do not have to provide Personally Identifiable Information to use the Site. However, when you make a purchase through shopna.laserperformance.com, you provide us with your name, billing and delivery addresses, email address, telephone number and payment information. Similarly when you register for Sovereign Lifetime Warranty, such information will be provided to us. Use of Click-to-Chat feature of the Site or similar tools will also generate similar information that will be thus provided to us. When you register, you select a username and password allowing you access to your shopna.laserperformance.com account. Your password should be kept strictly confidential to prevent unauthorised use.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information:
When you visit and interact with the Site, LaserPerformance and its third party service providers and business partners may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalogue of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from five different sources: (1) server log files, (2) environmental variables, (3) cookies, (4) pixel tags and other similar technologies, and (5) information that you voluntarily provide to us.
1. Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We and our service providers use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site's servers, and administering the Site.
2. Environmental Variables. We and our service providers may also collect certain environmental variables, such as your MAC address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, OS version, Internet browser, and Internet browser version. These environmental variables are collected by most websites, and can be used to optimise your experience on the Site.
4. Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs," or similar means in connection with Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to track the actions of Site users and email recipients, to determine the success of marketing campaigns and to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates.
5. Information That You Voluntarily Provide. We also collect Non-PII (e.g., your interests, your geographic location, etc.) when you voluntarily provide such information to us. Such information constitutes Non-PII because, unless combined with PII, it does not personally identify you or any other user. Additionally, we may aggregate PII in a manner such that the end-product does not personally identify you or any other user of the Site, for example, by using PII to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code. Such aggregate information is considered Non-PII for purposes of this Policy.
How Does laserperformance Use Information?
Collected From Me?
We generally use the information and data we collect to enhance the experience our customers have with LaserPerformance. If we share any information about you, we do so only as described below.
1. Fulfillment of Requests. We may use PII about you to fulfill the purpose for which such information was provided (e.g., to send promotional emails or fulfil your purchase order).
2. Administrative Communications. From time to time, in our sole discretion, we may use PII to send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. Because this information may be important to your use of the Site, you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
3. Keeping You Informed. From time to time, we may use PII about you to inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you.
4. Emails to Friends. We may allow you to send messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site. If you wish to use this feature, you may be required to provide us with, and we may use, your friend's email address so that we can facilitate the sending of your message to your friend.
5. Promotions. We may operate sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, "Promotions") through the Site. We typically ask you for certain PII when you enter and, if applicable, win a Promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about our use of PII about you. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of PII about you conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules shall control.
6. Internal Business Purposes. We may also use PII about you for our internal business purposes, such as conducting data analytics, performing audits and so forth. Non-Personally Identifiable Information: Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose.
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated by us as PII hereunder as long as it is so combined.
Does laserperformance Share the Personal Information It Receives?
1. Third Party Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, mailing and distribution services, payment processing, order fulfilment and other services of an administrative nature. We reserve the right to share PII about you with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services.
2. Emails to Friends. Please note that any PII you provide in connection with sending messages regarding Site-related content to a friend through the Site, such as your name and your email address, will, of course, be disclosed to your friend.
3. Promotions. We reserve the right to share the PII you provide in connection with Promotions with third parties sponsors of such Promotions (irrespective of whether such Promotions are hosted by us), or otherwise in accordance with the rules applicable to such Promotion. You should carefully review the rules, if any, of each Promotion in which you participate through the Site, as they may contain additional important information about a sponsor's or other third parties' use of PII about you.
4. Business Transfers. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from Site users to a third party in the event of any reorganisation, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of LaserPerformance's business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
5. Law enforcement; emergencies; compliance. Notwithstanding any other provision of this Policy to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose PII about you to others as we believe to be appropriate (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to governmental requests; (d) to enforce our Terms of Service; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect the rights, privacy, safety or property of LaserPerformance, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain. For example, we may disclose PII about you to law enforcement agencies to assist them in identifying individuals who have been or may be engaged in unlawful activities.
Other Important Notices Regarding Our Privacy Practices: