Warranty Policy Document
Warranty Policy Document
LaserPerformance warrants to the original consumer purchaser of a new and unused sailboat hull manufactured by, or for LaserPerformance to be free from any manufacturing defects in materials and workmanship when used under normal conditions during the 12 months following the original purchase. Consumer purchasers may extend this warranty an additional 12 months by registering their purchase directly with LaserPerformance on our website, www.laserperformanceunited.com/*. Registration does not affect your statutory rights.
If any product is used for commercial purposes, including use as a charter boat, the warranty shall expire ninety (90) days from date of purchase.
LaserPerformance’ obligations under this Limited Warranty are limited to supplying the part or parts and labor for the repair, or replacement of any part or parts that are found to be defective. This Limited Warranty does not cover the cost or expense of transporting the hull to and from LaserPerformance or an Authorized Service Center. Any shipping charges or freight charges incurred under this Limited Warranty shall be the responsibility of the boat owner. All warranty work must be performed by LaserPerformance or one of its Authorized Service Center representatives.
Limited Warranty claims submitted by owners domiciled in territories without local LaserPerformance representation may be required to deliver the hulls to the nearest authorized location at their expense. All warranty repairs are subject to prior authorization by LaserPerformance, and all decisions regarding warranty claims are the sole responsibility of LaserPerformance.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER, AND IS INTENDED TO EXCLUDE, ANY LIABILITY ON THE PART OF LASERPERFORMANCE WHETHER UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR UNDER ANY WARRANTY IMPLIED BY LAW, FOR ANY INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES FOR BREACH HEREOF OR THEREOF.
This Limited Warranty shall not apply to any sailboat which has been subject to misuse, neglect, accident, alteration, or repair made by any unauthorized person, or to any repair necessitated by normal wear and tear, accident, or negligence. This warranty, together with any and all warranties implied by law, shall be limited to maximum duration of 24 months from the date of purchase by the original consumer purchaser of the sailboat, and is non-transferable.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS GIVEN IN ADDITION TO AND DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
LaserPerformance makes no warranty in respect to parts and accessories not of our manufacture. Certain manufacturers of such parts, including sails, and accessories do provide warranty coverage. Inquiries concerning defects in parts and accessories not of our manufacture should be forwarded to the original manufacturer or LaserPerformance at the email address below.
You may secure performance of warranty obligations hereunder by:
1. Completing the Customer Warranty Claim form and submitting. Our customer care will process the request and contact you for more information or a resolution.
2. Alternatively, you can contact an authorized LaserPerformance dealer for an appointment to have the dealer examine your boat within sixty (60) days of discovery.
3. Present “Proof of Purchase” (Dealer Invoice or LaserPerformance Original Invoice) or User Group Warranty Registration, with the Hull Identification Number and personal identification to the authorized LaserPerformance dealer to validate the Warranty Period.
4. UDelivering your boat to an authorized LaserPerformance dealer for an examination.
5. The dealer is obligated to follow whatever course is appropriate at the direction of LaserPerformance.
6. Upon completion of warranty obligations the Authorized Service Center will notify you of when your boat is ready to be picked up.
*Become a member of LaserPerformance United to extend your Limited Warranty by a year. LPU members will have exclusive access to instructive features, community activities, forums product information, product promotions and sales specials sponsored by LaserPerformance.
Station Road, Station Works, Long Buckby,
Northamptonshire, NN6 7PF
+44 1327 841600
LaserPerformance North America
P.O. Box 1409
Norwalk, CT 06856
+1 203 663 7300
Unit A1, 22nd Floor, MG Tower,
133 Hoi Bun Road, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong